What do students think about SGC ?
I am always continuously impressed at the creativity and effort of my students. Invariably they ALWAYS rise to the occasion and most SGC is far beyond what I had initially envisioned. In course evaluations, students are overwhelmingly positive, stating for example ...
- It has been an interesting way of study and in my opinion, effective. I believe this is the future!
- I think that it has been a very intersting and fun way to learn about language. It is much better then the traditional leraning, beacuse you get a chance to look at things from different viewpoints.
- I really liked it, it helped me a lot. If you compare this to traditional lecture based classes it differs a lot. The traditional way doesn´t adapt with each student. There is just one way of interacting with the tutor.
- For me it is a better way to learn somthing. This was my thing! I really enjoy the lessions! I dont like to just sit on my chair and listen to teachers. I had to be active!
- I believe that it is a very effective method because it gives you the freedom of choosing how you make certain homeworks. It is also effecitive in the way of teaching because it involves so many different ways of providing information.
- I think that the course was better then the traditional lectures in the way that we had time to discuss everything and we had time for communication and that is what I miss in traditional lectures.
- I liked the learning method very much and fell that I could defintively use this in my future teaching myself
I have no statistics or detailed research about student attitudes of SGC. Most the examples here are from between 2008-2011 whilst holding my teaching position at Linnaeus University, Sweden.
Satish Patel, ICT Coach at Umeå University & Nordic Interactive Solutions